Sunday, November 9, 2014

On the Town

Today was a great day in the city.  I went to my husband's church for a change and then we went for a stroll around Home Depot.  I never thought I would be strolling around Home Depot looking at kitchen and bathroom fixtures on a Sunday Morning.  Then we came home and watched Scandal and Covert Affairs and I found out that I had won the lottery for a Broadway show.  I love how I'm going to a show every month these days.
On the Town is a really fun song and dance show about three sailors out on the town in New York City.  The leading lady was a ballerina so there were some really beautiful dance numbers throughout the show.  At the beginning of the show the orchestra played the Star Spangled Banner so we all stood and sang.  You could tell it was a theater full of musical fans because every last person was ecstatic to stand up and sing at the top of his or her lungs.  After we went to Virgil's for dinner.  I am an old lady and I love the city more today than I did yesterday.  Jennifer and Manhattan sitting in a tree.  k-i-s-s-i-n-g.

No comments: