Monday, June 30, 2014

Summer Splurge

A helped me find the wool coat I'd been needing for three years.  I love it and I'm excited to wear it come November/December.
Burberry Brit Daylesmoore coat in camel
The only other item I've added to my wardrobe this summer is a pair of white shorts from J Crew.  I've decided I have too many patterned shorts (truly it's just four pair) and that from now on I will only buy white shorts since all my tops match them.  It just make dressing in the summer much simpler.  Ever since I started to take retirement and family planning more seriously I haven't felt I had the discretionary income necessary to splurge.  In fact, I only got this coat because I desperately needed a wool coat and I had a ton of gift cards.  I even had Saks ship it to my friend S in Jersey City to avoid tax.  Instead of rewarding myself for having a birthday as I have in the past, I've decided to incentivize myself to be responsible by allowing for one of these purchases each time I reach a significant financial goal. That way, I will be even more motivated to pay off a student loan, increase my retirement contribution, or save more.  We'll see how well this works.

No comments: