Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Hot in July

The past few weeks have been filled with fun and stress.  I went to see A Soldier's Story in Bryant Park.  A long long time ago I went to see The Treasure of the Sierra Madre but that must have been over eight years ago.  It was so nice and I don't know why I don't do things like that more often.  Oh yeah . . . long hours at work. 
Sutton Foster in Violet


 A couple nights later we went to see Violet on Broadway.  The show stars Sutton Foster, who I saw long ago in Thoroughly Modern Millie.  The musicians were right there on stage rather than down in the pit.  The singers were excellent and though it took me a while to catch on to the story, I found it to be unique and interesting.

Last weekend we went to my family reunion in Laurelville, PA.  It was C's first time meeting my cousins and we had a fun time.  C learned to play croquet.  Both of us and my sister learned to play giant Dutch Blitz which is pretty much the most fun ever.

I feel like I am in limbo right now in my life.  I don't feel settled with my work or living situation and I feel like now is the time I must make decisions that will affect my family long term.  Is this what it means to be an adult? Sheesh.  I feel so blessed to have called the same apartment home for almost four years after the summer of moving 5 times.  Nevertheless, I have seriously outgrown this place and now have to make hard choices like rent or buy? NYC or the south?  I am struggling with the same questions in terms of where I want to go in my legal career, including whether I even really even want to keep being a lawyer.

No comments: