Thursday, June 5, 2014

A Fighting Chance

 
Talk about inspiring. It only took me three days to get through what I would describe as an autobiography. This woman really is truly passionate about the middle class and now I am too. Typically democrats talk about the poor. Warren spent all of three paragraphs devoted to saying poor people have it even harder than the middle class and then moved back to her main focus: hard working people who just want a fair shot.  I've come to grips with the fact that I will likely always be middle class given the changes in my profession over the last several years.  I am eager to read Warren's book of financial advice.  Supposedly it provides tactics to survive and prepare for retirement in an American financial environment that no longer supports a strong middle class.  I highly highly highly recommend this book to anyone who likes autobiographies and politics even a little bit.  I find the most admirable part of Warren's writing style to be her incredible ability to tell a story in a clear and succinct manner.  She is a total master of what they teach you 1L year in legal writing.

No comments: