Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Restaurant Recommendations

After deciding 2 and a half hours was too long to wait for The Spotted Pig the other Saturday night, A and I happened upon dell'anima, the sister restaurant of l'artusi also located in the West Village.  I enjoyed my food immensely.  Poor A had wine spilled all over her by the wasted people at the table next to us and that put a damper on our night.  Nevertheless, the staff was friendly and I would love to try this place again some time. My entree and dessert were both perfect tens.
gnocchi with mushrooms
pineapple upside down cake (fancy version)
This past weekend my husband was generous enough to take me to my favorite vegan place on the Upper East Side, V-Note.  I was looking at the pastas, but on the recommendation of our waiter I want with a fake meat dish, and boy was I happy with it. My seitan cordon bleu was delish, especially the mashed potatoes. C didn't even let me see the dessert menu because he already knew he wanted us to have chocolate fondue and he received no complaints from me.  He can order dessert for this radical feminist any time he wants.
vegan seitan cordon bleu
C's vegan peppercorn medallions
vegan chocolate fondue for two

No comments: