Friday, May 29, 2009

How to Be a Lady

Southern Belles: Louisville is no Real Housewives of New York, but it's still something to watch during the summer. I don't know much about Kentucky. It's pretty far from Augusta. Nothing interesting has happened on the show so far and I expect this to be the one and only season. I will say this. SB:L is a much more accurate portrayal of southern ladies than the tacky Real Housewives of Atlanta.

I took advantage of the 40% Brooks Brothers sale this Monday and got this book that I am finding educational.
Here are some new rules I will be improving my life and the lives of those with whom I come in contact:

A lady never compliments one person when she in a group setting. She chooses a moment when the two of them are alone to offer he complement.

If a lady finds herself in the company of someone who is embarrassing her, she may ask to be taken home. Should he friend refuse, a lady may feel free to leave, even if that means calling a cab or asking another friend for a ride home.

A lady learns how she looks best when being photographed.

Love it. I also read this book call "You'll Never Nanny in this Town Again!" The book is about a girl from Oregon who nannies in Hollywood for the Ovitz family and for the Danny Devito/Rhea Perlman family. It's really fun and like the real life west coast version of the Nanny Diaries.

No comments: