Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Greenhouse

The other night V and I went to this a club in Tribeca on Varick street called Greenhouse. It's a totally Green club and I really liked it. There was a live band and a nice crowd. It was a Mon night so there was no rif raf.

This past week was the first time I've really gone dancing since being back in the city. My friend J visited from LA for my other friend J's b-day and we went to Marquee last Thursday. I have to say that place is still hot after all these years IMHO. I felt we were a little trapped on the Upper East Side. I have been feeling like that a lot lately. It's scary for me because I consider myself to be a downtown girl. We went to Diller-Quaile, where our friend is a music teacher, two days in a row. It's on the same street as my apt. We also went to church which is steps from Park in the 80s. We even tried this old lounge on first ave and 77th, but somehow the b&t crowd found it's way out of Chelsea. J's last morning here we went to Sarabeth's on Madison which was so yummy. J gave me this cute pink and green Vineyard Vines sash I'd been eyeing. I had so much fun with J. But I need to get downtown more. As my former roomate Joy used to say, "people move uptown to die." Yikes.

No comments: