Saturday, August 9, 2014

All At Once

One of my many secret reasons for wanting to get married is that there are certain shows I just want to experience with another person.  I can't explain it, but it's what compelled me to watch the O.C. with my friends every week in the years after college, and to wait for A for several of our weekly favorites during law school.  Three summers ago, during the Hurricane Irene weekend I started watching Mad Men on Netflix.  I really really enjoyed it, but for some inexplicable reason I felt this yearning to experience it with someone else.  Due to the fact that we have pretty much run out of shows, last week C conceded to start watching with me.  He doesn't like any of my summer shows which include Devious Maids and every single show on ABC Family. Obviously.  I think he's hooked.  We somehow managed to watch the entire first season in one week.  It cut into our sleep but so what, who cares?  


I cannot wait to watch them all and I am so glad I waited until all the seasons were completed to start.  By the time I get to the seventh season, I hope Netflix will already have it, but at least I won't have to wait eons. This show is right up my alley from the fifties/sixties style fashion to having a window into the creative world of advertising half a century ago.  I can't wait to see where the characters end up, particularly Peggy Olson and Betty Draper.  I long for scenes with either one.  

C and I recently finished watching every episode of all eight season of Entourage.  I've never wanted to pay for HBO and after Sex and the City I resigned myself to poor old regular cable.  


Now that is a funny show.  I could have done without the misogyny and insidious objectification of women's bodies.  Nonetheless, they hooked me.  My favorite characters were Eric and Sloan.  The movie is slated for a June 2015 next summer and I plan to make a date night out of this one for sure.  After Mad Men I might have to start in with Curb Your Enthusiasm.  

No comments: