Wednesday, January 1, 2014

It's Gonna Be A Happy New Year

Three days before Christmas I received some very bad news.  Looks like I will be moving once again. After the moving 5 times in a year saga of 2010 I have been blessed to call the same  apartment home for a record 3 years and 3 months. I dread everything that moving entails from unreliable movers, to the inevitable disorganization of the process.   The sheer panic of needing to find an apartment in the last 2 weeks of a month, get a move in date, move out and move in, all while working 60 hours a week is an experience that only other Manhattanites can fully comprehend.  Instead of letting it completely ruin my holiday, I decided to not think about it too much.  I am purging, getting organized, dreaming of bigger apartments, and burying my head in the sand.  That is something I typically never do, but I vow to do more in the future.  So far it's working out great.  Last year was the best of my life and 2014 looks like it may be even better if that is possible.  I still need my list though so I don't get too lazy.  


In 2014 I resolve to:
1. Go see the Statue of Liberty once and for all.  I know I say I will do this every year.
2. Pay off 51% of student loans
3. Go to at least one new continent
4. Visit at least one new state
5. Go to a new city
6. Finish going paperless.  I am almost there.
7. Go see three Broadway shows. 
8. Go to a concert of one of my favorite artists
9. Stress out way less and be more selfish
10. Read at least ten nook books

Last year I only got a 7 out of 10
1. Enjoy my life and allow myself to take pleasure in the moment Check
2. Scan everything until I am living a paper free life Still working on it, but I'm getting there
3. Pay off 16% of the principal balance of my student loans. Check
4. See at least one new American city Check - Memphis
5. Go to at least one new state I went to a new country instead: Belize
6. Get fashion bucket list item #5 Vera Wang wedding gown and J Crew schoolboy blazer
7. Go see at least four Broadway shows (including Book of Mormon and Annie) Annie and Mary Poppins 
8. Rekindle old relationships a few, but not as many as I would like
9. Go to a concert of one of my favorite artists Kanye West
10. Finally visit the Statue of Liberty nope


No comments: