Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Flower Shop Mysteries

While wandering through Barnes & Nobles mystery section three summers ago, I stumbled across a book called Mum's the Word.  It was the first in a series of books about a fiery law school drop out who opens a flower shop and solves murder on the sides.  Even though I didn't flunk out of law school, I feel a certain kinship with Abby Knight, the protaganist, as my lawyerly ambitions of fighting injustice didn't exactly pan out. 

I recently finished Sleeping with Anemone, book # 9 in the series, in which Abby not only solves the crime, but also stops a big company from injecting poor innocent cows with all sorts of nasty hormones.  My sister is the bibliophile in my family, but when I get a good mystery in my hands there is absolutely no tearing me away.

No comments: