Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Shopping Karma

I know this is a terrible picture. I'm sorry. But my camera phone is broken and I don't know how to use my real camera. Anyway. It was the summer of 2009. I was broke and unemployed and waiting for my bar results. I walked into the Betsey Johnson store in Soho with a couple of friends and saw a dress that I just had to have. Unfortunately, it was $350. Poor responsible me went home empty handed and forlorn.  Fast forward three years.  I walked into Beacon's Closet a few weeks ago as I am sticking to my decision of buying vintage as much as possible.  From the doorway I could see my dress sticking out slightly from the rack and I could not believe my eyes.  It was in perfect condition for a mere $40 and in my size.  Talk about meant to be.  It's finally mine and I don't love it any less than I did three years ago.  I've already worn it twice.  Even better, I am at least two sizes smaller now than I was summer of 2009.  Had I bought it back then, I wouldn't even be able to enjoy it.  This find really solidified to me that I can do my part for the environment, save money, and still get my shopping fix when I need it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SO MUCH LOVE! LOVE!
Who says delayed gratification isn't worth it?