Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Head Start and More Dresses

I'm proud to say that I can scratch #17 off my list of resolutions for 2012 as my Mom taught me how to hem pants over Christmas. The first leg of my yoga pants are not so hot but the second leg looks pretty good if I do say so myself.  I might just become a hemming fool and make all my longish dresses a little shorter.  Furthermore, I purchased 5 articles of clothing while in Georgia and three of those items were vintage.  I was also fortunate enough to receive several beautiful presents this year, but here are a couple of my favorites.
Lilly Pulitzer Blayney Ruffle in "It's a Lilly" pattern

The Blayney is my favorite style of Lilly Pullitzer dress because it is appropriate for work, dates, church, and most other occasions. It's super comfortable and has pockets. This is my third one.
Lilly Pulitzer "Taylor Engineered" Cameo

This doesn't look like a typical Lilly dress to me but the fit is pretty great and it's nice to have something different.  I now have a clothing rack in my room devoted just to my favorite dresses.  It's 50% Lilly, 35% Kate Spade, and 15% random mix of other mostly colorful designers.  I only picked out about one-fifth of those dresses!

No comments: