Wednesday, June 29, 2011

How Rude

My coworker just came and sat down at a computer nearby. She is popping her gum incessantly. Earlier today she was loudly chewing cheetos with her mouth open. I try not to let all the loud slurping and teeth sucking at work bother me, but it's simply more than I can bare. People can behave however they prefer when in the privacy of their own offices, but while we are working in this small space, I would really appreciate if these people would have the decency to eat quietly. Lately, I've been wanting to bring a copy of Emily Post's Etiquette into work. It's pretty big so I figure I can knock people out with it when they start being impolite.

2 comments:

pittsburghprepster said...

This cracks me up! I cannot stand gum smacking. I honestly wonder why they can't hear themselves do so.

Muffy said...

I completely agree! I am a social worker and I make my clients spit their gum out before coming into my office...it is so disgusting! That noise is enough to make my skin crawl.