Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Lullaby of Broadway

I have always said that my favorite thing to do in the city is to go to Broadway shows. Well it's already June and the only thing I'd seen so far this year was Kathy Griffin Wants A Tony. With the Tony Awards coming up this Sunday I knew I had to rectify this situation. So, last night J and I went to see How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying starring Danielle Radcliffe and John Larroquette. The show was right up my alley. It reminded me of Thoroughly Modern Milly with the office setting and old fashioned costumes. There was lots of dancing. I love when a show is a big song and dance. That is what broadway is really all about.

On Sunday, I went to see Rock of Ages with L. Now that Constantine Maroulis is on tour in it, I could truly sit back and enjoy the show without the annoyance of a poor singer and even worse actor. I thought it was a lot of fun. It's nothing serious, but the music is fun and the guy playing the lead has and awesome voice.

1 comment:

L7 said...

Supposedly Tom Cruise, Mary J. Blige, Julianne Hough, Alec Baldwin, Paul Giamatti, Diego Bonet, Russell Brand, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Bryan Cranston and Malin Akerman are going to be in the Hollywood version.