Monday, November 30, 2009

It's Beginning to Feel a Lot Like Christmas

I made my mom's mashed potato spinach casserole and my grandma's Mennonite cheese pie and took a dinner roast as my contributions to Thanksgiving this year. I was so excited for macaroni & cheese, stuffing, pumpkin cheese cake, apple pie, etc. Last year I was in Cancun for Thanksgiving, so it was fantastic to be back in America having the most All-American Thanksgiving you could imagine. Watching the parade on TV while baking. Sitting down for the game after stuffing my face. What could be better? Plus I'm 1/8th Native American, so I could enjoy my day guilt free.

I didn't spend Black Friday shopping this year. Instead I spent my weekend seeing the movie Precious which features Mariah Carey looking like this:
After that I made my Broadway Debut in:
They let us get up on stage at the end which was an amazing feeling. I loved looking out into the crowd while dancing to and singing Let the Sun Shine In from the stage.

I also saw:
It was hilarious! I highly recommend this movie.

I gave my first tour of the financial district.
Then took my picture outside the Cosby Show house. It only took 9 years to find it.
And to top it all off I went to see the Radio City Christmas Spectacular.

If you don't spend the holidays in the city you are really missing out on something special.

1 comment:

What Kate Wore said...

It sounds like an outstanding weekend, good for you! We are intrigued by the mashed potatoes spinach casserole, yummy!

May you enjoy a fab week!
tp