Monday, November 23, 2009

Admission

I think I have to come to grips with the fact that I will not be admitted to the NY Bar anytime in the near future. I know I shouldn't complain because I have a terminal degree and passed the bar which means I will never have to study for anything school related again. But ugh. Apparently a former supervisor of mine left her job and is now no where to be found. I cannot find an email, phone number, or address for her. She and 3 of my other former supervisors are standing in the way of me being admitted as an attorney in the great state of NY. The judge I clerked for my 1L summer claims to have put his affidavit in the mail, but it's been a few days and I have yet to receive anything. I don't really blame them. No one wants to do paper work. I blame the crazy people who are making me jump through all these hoops. Yuck.

If I ever have a job with decent medical benefits again I will never give it up. C'mon Mr. O, where is the free health care? Where is the change I can believe in? Things look much more bleak to me this November than they did last November. I never would have imagined that was even possible as I was facing 3-30 page papers and 2 law exams this time last year. We're still at war. There are less jobs. My confidence is not inspired.

This is all to say that it really sucks to have to depend on other people. But on a lighter not, I am so excited for Gossip Girl tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow - this must've been a totally bummer day! don't worry, happy times are coming - one way or another.