Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Top Ten Animated Movies

I need to start selling my stuff on craigslist. I don't know how I am gonna move to my new apt in August with all this crap, much less out of state. I really need to get rid of all my clothes that are just way to small for me now. Oh well I guess I will leave that for July (Month of the 72 hour final and 40 page paper I have due. I work best under pressure. )

Inspired by AFI's 10 top ten that aired on television last week, I am going to make a list of what I think are the 10 best animated movies ever made.

10. This is my favorite telling of the King Arthur story. What really put this classic on my list is the knock down dragout fight between Merlin and the Magnificent Marvelous Mad Madam Mim. If you've seen it you know exactly what I am talking about and if you haven't then you my friend had a childhood SEVERELY lacking. 9. Wow. A non-Disney movie made my list. Even I am schocked. But the story and music make this movie an undeniable hit. It inspired not one, not two, but three soundtracks. (movie, country, and gospel). It is so moving how they brought the biblical story to life. Cartoon life that is.

8. This movie is so much fun. And my friend looks just like violet. And it's about superheros.
7. Ooh de lah ley. This movie has great songs. I have possibly watched this movie the most out of any on the list. This is the only telling of the Robin Hood story that truly matters. Prince of Theives, Men in Tights, they all just wish they had an ounce of the magic that the Disney version has.
6. Everybody loves this movie. Why? Cruella De Ville. Cruella De Ville. If she doesn't scare you, no evil thing will. The world was such a wholesome place until. Cruella Cruella Deville. The second best Disney Villain ever. Oh and the puppies.

5. I wanted to reserve this spot for a movie that combines live action with animation. I thought of some of my favorites like Mary Poppins and Who Framed Roger Rabbit? Those are both classics. But nothing quite compares to the beauty that is Enchanted. It combines elements from so many brilliant animated classics from Cinderella, to Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs, and even lesser known movies like Fun and Fancy Free. It is the perfect princess story. It is magical and fantastic and it even takes place in the city!

4. I have listened to this movie soundtrack more than any other. This movie is the most entertaining to watch. Plus Aladdin is hot, Jasmine is hot, Iago is SUPER HOT. I've watched it so many times. Good Kitty, now take off and go.

3. Every girl loves a bad boy (or a total dog in this case.) Every girl wants to be that girl to turn him into a sweet sensitive caring guy who will give her lots of cute babies. This dream comes true when Tramp changes and becomes a good guy because Lady is worth it to him. Sigh. In addition, this is the best love scene I have even seen.
2. I know you I walked with you once upon a dream. I know you the gleam in your eye is so familiar a gleam. This is hands down the most romantic animated movie ever made. The scenery is beautiful. The way Prince Phillip fights Maleficent (the best Disney Villain EVER!!!) is so valiant. Princess Aurora is a true princess. Even today I wish I was her.


1. Nuff said.

No comments: