Friday, February 14, 2020

Hello Dolly!

Image result for encore atlanta hello dolly


This week C and I went to see the Broadway classic Hello, Dolly! I'm still forlorn over not seeing Bette Midler in it on Broadway, but such is life. Carolee Carmello, who I'd previously seen on Broadway in Urinetown (2004) and Finding Neverland (2015), did a fantastic job. I was probably smiling ear to ear the entire time. One of the dancers was fabulous and did what seemed like a never ending string of pirouettes. The crowd went wild. If all the shows that came to The Fox were of this caliber I would not be complaining. Previously, I'd only seen the movie version with Barbara Streisand which I thoroughly enjoyed. Nevertheless, I believe this is a story best told on stage for a live audience. C was not as enthusiastic because he's more into current shows like Hamilton and Come From Away. Is it wrong for me to want to go out like this on a weekly basis? I guess it's not so much wrong as it is unrealistic. 

No comments: