Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Good Humor


My friend C gave me Ali in Wonderland this summer but I just got around to reading it last month.  Alexandra Wentworth is hilarious.  She has the incredible ability to turn traumatic experiences and broken engagements into captivating funny stories.  My favorite parts are when she talks about her relationship with her mother, the ultimate WASP.  She seems to have rebelled against her mother's values through childhood and early adulthood only to almost fully embrace them as an adult.  I am so glad that there are so many funny ladies writing books.  I have Amy Poehler's book waiting for me at the library and I can't wait to get it.  

I've been reading more of Lauren Conrad's books.  L.A. Candy fabulous but her books get progressively less interesting.  I enjoyed Sweet Little Lies  and Sugar and Spice, but the characters in The Fame Game are not as interesting.  Jane Roberts, the character loosely based on Lauren herself is missing from the series and she was the reason the first three were so enthralling.  I will read the other two anyway.  They're not bad.  Just not as good.  

No comments: