Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Thanksgiving

I'm astonished that we were able to pull off Thanksgiving in my tiny tiny apartment.  This is the smallest kitchen I've had since living in the city and C had to show me how to work the oven that had not been used in the three years I had been there.  Most of our nice furniture is in storage until we stop traveling and find a bigger apartment.  We used C's work desk as the table, our new white everyday china from various wedding guests, and even the Jonathan Adler salt and pepper shakers our T-day guests had gifted us with.  Thanks to my new MIL we even had some cute decorations.
Pumpkin soup
We used tv trays to hold up the meal since we had zero counter space left

I own a butter dish for the first time in my life.

Next year I hope to have a more proper Thanksgiving, but I was struck by how much I have to be thankful for this year. I cannot imagine having more to be thankful for than I do right now.

No comments: