Thursday, August 22, 2013

La Dolce Vita

My life is really great because . . . .
  • I've been working out 6 days a week for the past few weeks and it's becoming a lifestyle change.
  • I start most of my days with a blueberry, strawberry, banana shake.  yum.
  • Every day that I don't meet a friend for lunch, I spend my whole hour reading a really great book.  I recently finished Murder After a Fashion by Grace Carroll and Murder of a Royal Pain by Denise Swanson.
  • Every day I talk, g chat, text, email and facebook with people who love me, even if they live in other countries.
  • I've discovered podcasts like This American Life where I can hear the most fascinating stories and learn about the world in such an interesting way.
  • Lately, I've been holding a lot of babies.  I've reached that age where lots of friends have babies and I am finally getting to hold them for lengthy periods of time.  Holding a baby is the absolute best feeling in the world imho.
  • I will be traveling to three different beaches in the next year, possibly on three different continents.
  • I'm not comparing my life to the lives of my friends and acquaintances anymore. I've always gone to fancy schools and lived in zip codes like 10065, so I know a lot of people who take their comfortable lifestyles for granted.  I hope I never do reach that point.  All I have to do is compare my life now to what it's been in the past, and it feels like I'm floating on air.

1 comment:

Jammie said...

I really liked this list. Wow, 6 times a week? That is amazing! I totally agree about holding a warm, cuddly baby. And I really like the perspective on the last one; truly we can't compare experiences with anyone but ourselves.