Thursday, May 16, 2013

Lately, I haven't been reading as much. I have so many things swirling around in my brain that I just can't concentrate. Over the past couple weeks I did manage to finish at least a couple enjoyable reads.  Southern Charm by Tinsley Mortimer was really fun for me as I am also a southern girl who moved to the big city.  It was definitely light on substance, but sometimes, actually most of the time, that is exactly what I need.  Nevertheless, every now and then it's really nice to read something with a little more depth like Under the Cajun Moon by Mindy Starns Clark.  This woman is obviously a writer through and through.  She describes New Orleans and its culture thoroughly in this standalone mystery.  She writes Christian novels so there's always that spiritual aspect that makes the protagonist all the more relatable.  I recommend both.  

1 comment:

Jammie said...

A Christian murder mystery set in the Bayou? I am intrigued --- and also confused. I'll definitely have to give this one a try.