Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sister's weekend

When my sister visits me I try to squeeze in as many slightly touristy things that my friends would not want to do as possible.  This resulted in a highly productive weekend.  Here are just a few of the things we did.
  • Dirt Candy, a vegetarian restaurant that makes vegetables taste delicious.  I am one of those vegetarians that prefers candy to vegetables and I still loved this place. 
  • Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit at Discovery Times Square
  • Porgy and Bess on Broadway starring Audra McDonald, Norm Lewis, and David Alan Grier.  This has to win a couple Tonys and is a total must see. 
  • We rented Tower Heist starring Ben Stiller.  I really needed light and funny after Porgy and Bess. 
  • Newsies on Broadway.  We were delighted to see so many So You Think You Can Dance alums in the ensemble.  We also sat near Nick Jonas.  I never would have recognized him, but the elderly couple next to me spotted him right away.  The only thing that could have made it better would have been if Christian Bale himself revived his role as Jack Kelly.  Jeremy Jordan was awesome though. 
  • The Hunger Games.  My sister read all the books so she really wanted to see this movie. 
  • I introduced her to 5 bakeries that make French Macarons and here is how she ranks them            (1) Bouchon Bakery (2) Ladurée (3) Chickalicious (4) Artichoke (5) Financier 

No comments: