Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Count to 1000

You would think that in the past year, with all the drama I've suffered through, that I would have learned not to react so quickly to bad situations. It's not a typical bad temper. I don't go into a crazy rage. I just start reacting emotionally without rationally thinking about the long term consequences. It would be unfair to say that any of my outbursts in the past 8 months or so were unjustified. Yet, I could have made so many situations less painful by being sweet to the people who have hurt and betrayed me. Instead I've confronted them indignantly and emphatically. My reactions don't make anything better. I haven't been doing myself any favors. It's time for a change. The next time someone betrays me, I hope I will just count to 1000.

No comments: