Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Happy Halloween: 100th post.

It's my 100th post! I don't have anything special to say to commemorate this occasion but I will say that I'm shocked I have kept it going this long. So this is what I will be wearing for Halloween. I'm gonna be a 60s mod girl.

I have everything I need for a super fun Halloween full of parties, candy, and fun friends. My Kate Spade bangle and cardholder and Lilly Pulitzer shell shocked clutch are the perfect preppy touches to my costume. I'm excited to be blond for the first time in my life. I will post pics if they turn out well.

Last weekend was interesting and led me to the discovery that I have a condition I had no idea even existed. Since childhood I have had a difficult time following movie plot lines because I can't tell some of the actors, particularly the men, apart from each other. I've always said that I distinguish different characters/people I meet based on their hair. This problem has manifested itself in some embarrassing ways lately when I have either failed to recognize a person that I know or mistaken a person that I don't know for a friend for nearly 10 months. It turns out that I have prosopagnosia, also known as face blindness, and it is most likely do to the eye surgeries I had as an infant and child. I rely on hair, glasses, voice, clothes, etc instead of facial features in order to recognize people. I also have a hard time picturing peoples' faces in my mind, including close family members. My friend A alerted me to the existence of this condition when I told her my embarassing stories because she has another friend with the same condition.

Here's hoping for warmth and no rain this weekend. Also, Go Yankees!!!

No comments: