Sunday, July 19, 2015

Something Rotten!

Today I ditched work to go see the matinee of Something Rotten!  It was super funny and chock full of Shakespeare references.  I totally loved it, but I totally understand why it didn't win the Tony.  As much as I laughed and as much fun as I had, it was no Rent, Wicked, The Lion King, or Aida.  My favorite part of the show was all the tap dancing.  I am such a sucker for a big tap number.  I thought they could have made a little more use of the female characters, but I did enjoy the two women in major roles.

Today I also got tickets for Therese Raquin in October.  I'm not a big fan of plays but I am a big fan of Judith Light, and Keira Knightly's not too bad.  So the list of shows I'm hunting cheap tickets for has dwindled to three: The Book of Mormon, Fun Home, and Hamilton.

No comments: