Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Elephants on Parade

I probably mentioned that back in February I went to Thailand.  The elephants were one of my favorite parts of Thailand.  We went to a save and rescue elephant park outside Chiang Mai.  I'm really glad that we went somewhere that treats the elephants kindly.  They don't let you ride in seats because it's not comfortable for the elephants.  They didn't make them paint.  In fact, they only let me feed the baby one banana because they said she couldn't have too much sugar.  Since we rode two to an elephant we got the extra large ones which meant we were super high off the ground. 
Moon Pat gave me the ride of my life
Feeding Moon Pat
Feeding the one year old baby
In Phuket we stayed at Le Meridien Beach Resort where they apparently have their own five year old elephant that they traipse around with daily. Unfortunately, I didn't get the impression that it had as nice a life as the ones at the save and rescue. I couldn't resist petting it every chance I got though.

No comments: