Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Celebrity Sighting

My prosopagnosia prevents me from having all the celeb sighting of the average New Yorker.  Tonight I really impressed myself.  While reading outside at a table in the flatiron district during my break I recognized Laverne Cox from Orange is the New Black.  She was enjoying some Starbucks with one friend at first and then another showed up and they were all very tall and striking.  She is prettier in person which makes totally makes sense given that her character is incarcerated.  I bet I'm sitting next to actresses and singers all the time and never notice.  Maybe I was just more alert because I recently started watching Orange is the New Black with C and we are really getting into it.  The background stories of the women are the most interesting part for me.  I could do without the crudeness, but hey, it does take place in a prison so I'm just being my sheltered puritanical self as usual.  Don't mind me.  

1 comment:

Jammie said...

What a great word: prosopagnosia. I learn something new every time I read your blog. :)