Monday, February 6, 2012

Case of the Mondays

Monday is always so anti-climactic after a great weekend.  My friend A from Ohio came to visit this weekend and I was reminded that I have so many more wonderful friends than I sometimes remember.  It seems as though almost all of them have moved away now and sometimes it leaves me feeling as though I have no friends despite truly having an abundance scattered all around the USA. 

I had the most delicious passion fruit macaroon from Bouchon Bakery in the Time Warner Center. Why are these cookies so expensive? I mean they're worth every penny but it's a shame that the suppliers know it. I also had the chocolate chip cookie which was delish.
I'm still a Falcons fan, but last night coming home from the Giants' victory was pretty fantastic.  A super drunk dude on my subway car kept pressing the emergency button and asking the conductor to say that "we won, the Giants won."  Finally, after a few stops a message finally came over the intercom saying, "Attention passengers, the emergency call button is for emergencies only. We're all happy the Giants won . . ."  The remainder of the message was inaudible because everyone on the train went wild hootin' and hollerin'.  I heart New York. 

No comments: