Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Jackie O

I just finished watching Jacqueline Kennedy: In Her Own Words and I found her to be so inspiring. I think I got my love for pearls, sunglasses, and jack rogers from watching her. Her patriotism, loyalty, and love for reading struck me even more than her style. She revitalized the White House and worked to procure items of historical importance. She spoke several languages, and educated herself about current events. Sometimes I get so frustrated with women. It seems the more attractive and well groomed the lady, the more vacuous I find her to be. It's so refreshing to see an example of a woman with great style who didn't abandon attention to her character and intellect in order to achieve it. She told Ms. Magazine "It's sad, so many women of [her] generation were never encouraged to use the full power of their minds." Sadly, I can say the same for mine.

No comments: