Friday, November 14, 2008

All I Want for Christmas is . . .

something to keep me nice and warm. I will be back in the city in less than 2 months walking around in the bitter cold. (At least it won't be as bad as Minnecrapolis.) I think that this hat from J Crew would do the trick.

This Diane von Furstenburg outfit is perfect for church in the winter.

I am so nervous/excited about moving back to the city. My friend S is in Ithaca. My friends J&E are in Oakland. My friend J is out in the boondocks (Stonybrook). And my friend A is married now so she probably won't be able to hang out anymore plus she might be moving. Yuck. And there are all these new people at church. Gross. I hate new people. From the facebook pictures I've seen they all look really public. (That's a term that my friend R came up with back in college. I have exactly 34 days left in MN and I couldn't be more happy about that. Everything here is so bootleg. Bootleg pizza, bootleg Bloomingdale's, bootleg theatre, bootleg public transportation, bootleg nightlife. Even the tragedies here are BOOTLEG. What I love about the city is that it has the best of everything. It has the best food and the best talent and the best shopping. Por ejemplo, why would I pay $10 performance of The Last Five Years by a couple of law students when I already saw it Off Broadway starring Sheree Rene Scott for FREE? I remember I went to see it with my friend R during college and it wasn't all that. This is the longest I have been gone from New York in eight years. It's killing me.

Oh and I have started watching this new show called Privileged on the CW. It's set in West Palm Beach, FL and it's amazing! I highly recommend it.

No comments: