Monday, August 18, 2008

How to Lose Friends and Alienate People

No it's not the story of my life since I have been in Minneapolis although that would be an appropriate title. It's actually the name of a book I read not long after graduating from college. I think of it as the male version of The Devil Wears Prada. Clayton Harding is to Vanity Fair's Graydon Carter as Miranda Priestly is to Vogue's Anna Wintour. The Costume Institute gala at the MET is to an assistant at Vogue what the Vanity Fair Oscar party is to a peon at it's magazine. I could make analogies between the two books for days but I will spare you. The book is really funny and I loved it. It's not often that I enjoy a book with a male protagonist so that really says something. Unlike the Nanny Diaries I don't remember this book perfectly. Thus, I have high hopes for being satisfied with the inevitable movie version coming out in October starring Kirsten Dunst.

This week, the main thing on my mind is moving. On Sunday I will be moving all of my belongings to my new apartment by myself. People think because people tag me in photos with them on the facebook that I have friends here. They're wrong.

No comments: